All Things Writing
Hanging out with Author Russell James!
Sep 04, 2021
Bryan the Writer/Russel James
Welcome everyone to All Things Writing. In case you wandered onto our little podcast and did not know it, I am your host, Bryan Nowak, podcaster, and fiction author of dark tales, SciFi, and suspenseful mysteries.
My guest today is none other than the author of the book “The Playing Card Killer” Mr. Russell James.
Join us while we talk about all kinds of things like;
- When did you get your start in writing and what influenced you to write?
- Reading the playing card killer, I am reminded of the Russian Chess Board killer Alexander Pichushkin, because you use the symbology of the playing cards in your book. I am curious, how did you come up with this idea?
- How did you build his character profile? Was it based off someone?
- I am really curious why you chose a shipping yard as a setting. Is there a personal connection? I know that a lot of times I have a personal connection to the kinds of places I center my characters.
- You have quite a few books out, I am going to ask you to pick out a favorite, and why?
- Do you find that when you write, you have to put together an outline to follow?
- Where do you start from in the creative process? For me, I have to start at the main character’s point of view and then work them toward where I want to ultimately find them.
- Did you actively study to be a writer? What did you have to learn to perfect your craft?
- I am pretty sure I make mistakes daily. What mistakes do you think you made at the beginning?
Want to know more about Russell? Click Here!
Want to support the show? Click here!
Support the show (http://paypal.me/BryanNowak)